Inclusive Marketing

Why All Brands Need It

We’ve entered an age in marketing where it is no longer acceptable for brands to ignore the diversity that exists in our society. Established brands are being called out for their lack of representation and it drastically hurts their image. Meanwhile, brands that celebrate it are increasingly admired.

Inclusive Marketing


Inclusive marketing is about reflecting and addressing the needs and values of a multicultural audience. It’s about formulating messages that can resonate with people from every race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, and religion. Embracing diversity leads to better community engagement and advocacy for your brand.

 

Global Trends Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Agency

Representation Matters

Not only in a cultural sense, but it is also highly strategic for your business to show genuine efforts for inclusivity. Consider the following statistics:

  1. 64% of consumers are more likely to trust brands that promote diversity and 63% find those brands to be more authentic.
  2. 69% of Black consumers are more likely to buy from brands that reflect their race. When people can identify with a brand, they tend to develop an affinity and attachment to it.
  3. In the US, almost 40% of the population is made up of ethnic minorities – and the number is growing. This means that you could be missing out on connecting with 40% of your customers if you only focus on the other 60%.
  4. Progressive ads are 25% more effective in achieving their targets.
  5. Inclusive marketing increases purchase intent in consumers who are represented (i.e. minorities) and those who are not directly represented (i.e. non-minorities). A brand that celebrates diversity is attractive everyone.

Global Unity for Global Objectives

This is proof that consumers, consciously or subconsciously, are more willing to purchase from brands that mirror closely what the real world looks like. Representation is not only necessary from a societal standpoint, it also sells.

The important thing to remember about inclusive marketing is that you can’t simply promote diversity at the superficial layer. If the strategy is to jump on the bandwagon of the latest cultural issue, consumers are intelligent and will see through it immediately. Instead, inclusivity needs to be at the core of your brand values.

Get Social With Global Trends!

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on reddit
Reddit